Here are some salient facts:
- There is a direct and well-established correlation between CO2 emissions and global temperatures.
- Both have shown distinct rises in the past 30 years.
- In every part of the world, glaciers are melting (excellent side-by-side photos of the same place some decades ago vs. now demonstrate this)
- If the half the Antartica glacier drops into the sea, it will cause a 20 foot rise in sea level.
- Hurricanes, forest fires, both have shown a sharp rise in the beginning 1990 (order of magnitude)
- Global warming not only causes hurricanes, it also soaks up soil moisture from the interior lands too -- if this continues, much of the continental US, for example, will be turned to desert.
It is the real issue facing the world.